CALL FOR INTERNS
Athen B. Gallery is a Contemporary Art Gallery located in Downtown Oakland. We are currently offering internships to motivated, self starting students and recent graduates seeking experience in gallery administration, marketing, art handling and public art. Internships are unpaid and are at least 3 months long with a 15 hour/week minimum commitment.
These positions are ideal for those who wish to gain work experience in an active, contemporary art gallery. Applicants should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, possess good public relations skills, and must have a demonstrated interest and/or background in contemporary art. Interns will receive training in all aspects of gallery administration and get quality hands-on experience, and exposure to the Oakland art scene.
Please send a cover letter, resume and at least three references to Kriselle@athenbgallery.com IN PDF FORM. Write "INTERN" in the subject line. We will be hosting interviews Wednesday (3/9) and Thursday (3/10) of this coming week.
Current Available Internships
PR / Marketing
Public Art / Studio Assistance's
Gallery Intern Responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
- Assisting staff with daily administrative duties and gallery maintenance.
- Assisting in exhibition openings and special events.
- Art packaging / handling.
- Assisting in installation and deinstallation of exhibitions.
- Assisting with PR and Marketing, media research.
- Assisting artists and the Gallery with Public Art Projects.
- Running errands for the gallery. Driver’s license and a vehicle is a plus.
- Mural experience preferred, but not required.
- Art History/Fine Art background preferred, but not required.
- Previous gallery experience is a plus, but not required.
- Photography / Video experience a plus.
- Must be available for 10-20 hours a week.
- Must be intelligent, enthusiastic, self-motivated, organized and reliable.
- Must have a professional appearance.
- Must have experience with Mac OS, Microsoft Office suite, Adobe.